You have created a restaurant business and quite successfully manage it. But do you know where your company is heading? What do you want to achieve? In order for each of your actions and decisions to be more successful and meaningful, you must constantly keep in mind a clear picture of your main landmarks. “How do I want to see my restaurant business?” Is the first question that an entrepreneur should ask himself, forming the mission of his company. Without a clear vision of your goal, you will never come to this goal.
Why do we need a mission?
Perhaps, every person who decided to start his own restaurant business thinks about why one can achieve great success and always remain afloat, and others do not. Why some people are able to lead thousands of people, while others, having tremendous management skills, remain at the broken trough. The fact is that successful entrepreneurs clearly know what they want, and how to achieve it, using all their capabilities. To bring your success closer, you need to formulate a real mission of the company, and never deviate from it. This mission statement for a restaurant helps to keep your balance sheet always in a max profit.
What is the mission of the company?
If we consider the mission of the company in the broadest sense, then it can be defined as the meaning of the existence of business. The mission contains the fundamental goal of the organization and plays the most significant role in strategic management. When formulating a mission, you first of all describe the values of the company with which you can achieve your main goal. Often in business articles you can find the concept of “company policy”. In fact, this is the mission.
The mission is now a very fashionable concept, and with the presence of a beautifully formulated mission, many companies link the level of their prestige. However, if the mission you need only to “boast” it in business circles, then carefully study how to correctly formulate it, not necessarily. For a true serious business, the mission should serve as a supportive and guiding tool for achieving goals and accomplishing tasks.
Properties of the restaurant mission
The mission is characterized by the following features:
- Foresight: How does the company see itself in the future? Helps determine the main function of the restaurant and how an entrepreneur can help in its implementation.
- Realistic: Use a caption to capture the world and feed everyone. Most likely, such a mission, apart from the sincere laughter of others, will not cause any emotion. Remember: the mission must be realistic and achievable.
- Scale: Over time, the above-mentioned can decide to open several more points around the city. Accordingly, you need to think in advance about the possibility of scaling and perspective change of the mission.
- Brevity. The mission statement should not exceed 30 words, otherwise it will become very difficult to perceive and lose all meaning.
- Clarity: The mission should be as clear to all your customers as possible.
Conclusion: How do you check it?
Usually having developed a mission, you may show it to your parents and ask if they understand what the restaurant is doing. It will be the main motivation. The mission should “cling” to your employees and possible partners. All these will add full planting, high profitability and prosperity to your restaurant.